World Hospice and Palliative Care Day is an annual unified day of action to celebrate and support hospice and palliative care around the world.
Falling on the second Saturday of October every year, 2022’s awareness day takes place on 8 October. Its objectives are to celebrate the importance of palliative care to quality of life, and raise awareness and understanding of the many specific, individual needs people living with a life-limiting illness and their families have.
This year’s theme is titled Healing Hearts and Communities. Its aim is to honour those who have departed by giving their living loved ones the hope and courage to move forward. Choosing to live a full life after grieving a loved one is one of the best ways to honour their memories, because they would have wanted you to be happy.
As the foremost provider of high-quality palliative care services which support both those in need and their wider families, it’s a cause Blossom Home Care is extremely keen to bring attention to. So please visit the World Hospice and Palliative Care Day website to find out more information about this vital cause.
Blossom Home Care are experts in holistic palliative care
It’s a sad fact that many of us will require palliative care in the final stages of life. This care can last for several months depending on the client’s condition, therefore every palliative care service we provide is completely tailored to the individual, respecting all their needs and wishes.
Blossom Home Care carers are expertly trained in the delivery and management of compassionate end-of-life and palliative care in your own home. Whatever your choices are and however long palliative care may last, we treat everyone with the utmost dignity and respect.
In keeping with this year’s World Hospice and Palliative Care Day theme, we go above and beyond to make this incredibly tough time as easy as possible to manage for friends and families, as well as the client. This includes:
● Putting empathy at the forefront: For us, palliative care is all about empathy. This means providing emotional support for everyone involved during these very difficult times, including family, friends, and anyone else important to you, as well as the wider support team and carers themselves.
● Relieving stress for family members: The last thing family members need during this incredibly tough time is the stress of having to deal with various healthcare providers and any associated admin that brings. Blossom Home Care can look after all of this for you, allowing you to simply enjoy the time you have left with your loved one.
● A fully tailored enhanced palliative care service: From the outset we work with you to understand every last detail, so the client always receives exactly the right care and treatment at all times.
● Working with multidisciplinary teams (MDT): This partnership-first approach allows us to carry out a precise, fully tailored enhanced palliative care plan that achieves the right outcomes for the client.
● Complete respect of people’s religious beliefs and traditions: When planning your end-of-life care, you will be asked about these wishes and any preferences in other areas – such as requested music to be played – so that these can be taken into account.
Additionally, upon passing we offer comprehensive bereavement support, advice and guidance to the client’s family and loved ones. More information about this can be found on our dedicated palliative care service page.
We are proud to have won multiple awards for our holistic palliative care services. Most recently this saw us receive a Commendation in Palliative Care Team Award at the Great British Care Awards. You can see a list of the many other care awards we have received here.
Ready to experience a new level of care?
Blossom Home Care has an unbreakable commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service. If you want to find out more about how our superb carers can help you or your loved ones, please find your local Blossom Home Care office.
We look forward to helping you.