Blossom Home Care are committed to providing high quality, personalised care to elderly people who want to remain in their own home. We operate a client centred approach where the client’s welfare and well-being are paramount. We also ensure that any culturally diverse needs are met and operate a stringent equal opportunities policy. We have a zero tolerance
approach to any potential carer who has a criminal record as we want our clients to feel entirely comfortable with the people from Blossom that they are inviting into their homes.
Everyone at Blossom Home Care works to 5 key principles, which are…
- To enable the people we care for to remain in their home for as long as possible whilst helping them to continue to participate in the social activities that can make a real difference to their life in general.
- To reduce the worry and anxiety that unreliable, inadequate care can cause to all concerned by fully supporting carers. Regular spot checks are conducted to maintain the quality of care. All visits are recorded with updates given, which authorised family members and next of kin can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world.
- To reduce the number of hospital visits by reporting any health concerns so that early interception and follow up with all relevant professionals is achieved.
- To meet all appointments, come rain or shine, snow or gales. If our clients are expecting us to call we will do everything in our power to get there. We are also available via our 24 hour on call service (for your peace of mind).
- To attract, retain and develop the very best carers, training them to do the job well and exceed service levels. Operating a 50 minute minimum call time so that carers are able to take time with their clients, to chat and do the things that really matter to them and us.